Logoplaste is currently seeking to recruit a Maintenance Millwright to join the team in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Who we are as a company:
Logoplaste is a world leader in the production and development of sustainable rigid plastic packaging. We are more than a supplier, we are a partner to our clients, working together with them to come up with creative and competitive solutions for every day common products. This is what makes us unique.
Our Mission is to relentlessly push boundaries, to go beyond our clients’ expectations, and transform rigid plastic packaging’s impact on the planet into a net positive for the environment and business. Logoplaste is committed to providing sustainable rigid plastic packaging solutions that protect the environment through a unique wall-to-wall business model that reduces CO2 emissions and packaging waste. Delivering unrivalled innovative packaging designs and an Operational Model that results in the fasted time-to-market and unmatched customer satisfaction.
Position: Maintenance Millwright– Logoplaste Edmonton (CA)
Reporting to: Plant Manager
The Maintenance Millwright is responsible for maintaining site-specific equipment (Extrusion, Injection or Blow Molding). This is full-time position that requires an individual that is self-motivated, willing to learn, and has a great attitude. Logoplaste Edmonton is a 24/7 manufacturing operation with a total of 42 employees.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work will be twelve (12) hours per day, four (4) days per rotation, in accordance with the following schedule: 7am to 7pm (for two (2) days) and 7pm to 7am (for two (2) nights) followed by four (4) days off.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Health & Safety within the workplace
- Support the Plant Manager, Maintenance assistant, Team Leaders and Other Maintenance personnel in all aspects of maintenance including:
- Specialist Mechanical Millwright Knowledge
- Machine efficiency
- Losses optimisation
- Health and Safety environment
- Validation of suppliers
- Provide support for project development and cost reduction projects and trials
- Work to achieve a maintenance-free Plant
- Organise, define, and develop maintenance standards
- Ensure maintenance programmes are up to date for all site equipment
- Ensure all reporting and paperwork systems are updated
- Analyse breakdown records to assist in developing the site maintenance standards
- Ensure the maintenance stock records are up to date
- Ensure there are spare components/parts for all equipment and recommend the quantities to be stocked
- Ensure that spare parts usage have been accurately recorded
- Coordinate TPM
- SAP-PM (Corrective, Preventative maintenance)
- Maintain all Plant equipment to ensure maximum efficiency from all equipment
- Ensure all equipment is in a functional condition
- Attend production meetings where necessary
- Any duties required by the management of the business
Competencies & Qualifications
- Previous manufacturing experience in maintenance with an electrical/millwright background
- Must be qualified as a journeyman electrician/millwright or equivalent in Electrical Engineering to work in Alberta Canada
- PLC knowledge of ladder logic and control equipment
- Must have strong mechanical knowledge and maintenance experience of production machinery
- Must be able to demonstrate a good ‘hands on’ working approach
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast, active, environment
- Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation, including Health and safety, Electricity at work etc
- Great knowledge of computer systems – Excel, word, power point
- Knowledge in blow moulding & injection moulding would be an asset
- Experience in plastics manufacturing is an asset
- Be able to undertake additional training
- Assist the team in all areas as needed
- Must be able to train others in the all aspects of maintenance department
Logoplaste Edmonton - Comprehensive employment package:
Compensation: Competitive Salary.
After completing 90 days of employment employee will be eligible to register for the benefits program. The benefits program includes 90% for Dental care and 100% for Extended Medical Care, Life Insurance is also included under the plan. The benefits program is 100% fully covered by Logoplaste Canada, the employee and eligible dependents can apply to be part of the program.
After completing 6 consecutive months with the company, employee can register for Registered Pension Plan (optional) – the company contributes up to 4% of the employee’s contribution for the year.
Annual Discretionary Bonus
The Company may provide an annual discretionary bonus to you where you have met your individual performance objectives as set out by the Company. In addition to your individual performance objectives, your bonus will be based on the Company’s overall profitability.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Work with us
Plainfield, Illinois 60544