SBM Process Technician - Rome, NY (USA)
Syracuse, United States of America
This job description is available in:
Join the Logoplaste Team and receive SIGN-ON BONUS and INCENTIVES!
- $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS
- Overtime available!
- PLUS, excellent benefits!
Logoplaste is currently seeking to recruit an SBM Process Technician, to join the plant team in Rome, NY.
Reporting to: Production Manager
The Process Technician is responsible for implementing and managing all mold and machine processes as well as managing the quality function for relevant machinery.
Key Tasks & Activities...
- Set up, repair and troubleshoot equipment, ancillary equipment and support equipment
- Make required mold changes/process adjustments and complete color changes as required
- Develop optimum bottle process for all lines
- Working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and customer requests
- Perform quality control checks, and help maintain customer requirements, according to specification by bottle types and various dimensions
- Sets up and runs sample and production molds
- Assures that the performance of all new and existing molds meet engineering and production standards
- Establishes set up records
- Collects and inspects random shots from molding machines. Uses inspection procedures, specifications and blueprints to determine disposition of parts
- Ensure all molds and molding machine run at maximum performance
- Responsible for processes that produce bottles and/or preforms to the specifications determined by the Quality and Development teams
- Establish “Best in Class” documentation for all equipment
- Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic issues and partner with maintenance as required
- Order spare parts as needed
- Troubleshoot equipment, molding processes and cycles
- Complete preventative maintenance requirements in coordination with Maintenance team
- Promote continuous quality improvement processes, including SMED, 5S, Kaizen, problem solving, implement lean metrics etc.
- Maintains and completes all necessary reports and records
- Analyzes problem areas when parts are not meeting Quality control specifications. Makes all required adjustments to ensure that all parts meet specifications for size, appearance and functionality
- Train and document training for employees to ensure they are able to do their job with success
- Participate in the safety processes of the plant
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures as well as maintain good housekeeping and GMP practices/Global Food Safety practices
- Communicates regularly with management on mold and machine problems
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Who we are looking for...
Background and Experience
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience in plastics technology or a similar technical area; Recognized certification or education in related field preferred
- Strong knowledge of PET, SPC, plastics, electrical, electronic hydraulics, mechanical and pneumatic functions
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with downtime analysis and scrap reduction
- Ability to read blueprints and be able to use precision measuring and inspection equipment
- Good working knowledge of computer systems, including MS Office and SAP
- Ability to effectively communicate technical system issues
- Must be able to work flexible hours to complete necessary changes and provide support for processing on all shifts
- Good communication and team building skills
Physical requirements and work environment
- Experience with lean manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a fast pace, lean environment with heat above 90 degrees
- Ability to sit, climb, stand, bend, crawl and walk on a varying basis throughout the assigned work schedule
- Ability to carry and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds
Logoplaste offers an excellent benefits package with genuine career development opportunities.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire
Work with us
14420 Van Dyke Road
Plainfield, Illinois 60544
Plainfield, Illinois 60544
Monday through Friday
9am - 5pm CST