Logoplaste is currently seeking to recruit a Process Technician, to join the plant team in Kansas City, MO.
Reporting to: Plant Manager
The Process Tech is responsible for implementing and managing all mold and machine processes as well as managing the quality function for relevant machinery.
Key Tasks & Activities...
- Set up, repair and troubleshoot equipment, ancillary equipment and support equipment
- Make required mold changes/process adjustments and complete color changes as required
- Develop optimum bottle process for all lines
- Working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and customer requests
- Perform quality control checks, and help maintain customer requirements, according to specification by bottle types and various dimensions
- Sets up and runs sample and production molds
- Assures that the performance of all new and existing molds meet engineering and production standards
- Establishes set up records
- Collects and inspects random shots from molding machines. Uses inspection procedures, specifications and blueprints to determine disposition of parts
- Ensure all molds and molding machine run at maximum performance
- Responsible for processes that produce bottles and/or preforms to the specifications determined by the Quality and Development teams
- Establish “Best in Class” documentation for all equipment
- Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic issues and partner with maintenance as required
- Order spare parts as needed
- Troubleshoot equipment, molding processes and cycles
- Complete preventative maintenance requirements in coordination with Maintenance team
- Promote continuous quality improvement processes, including SMED, 5S, Kaizen, problem solving, implement lean metrics etc.
- Maintains and completes all necessary reports and records
- Analyzes problem areas when parts are not meeting Quality control specifications. Makes all required adjustments to ensure that all parts meet specifications for size, appearance and functionality
- Train and document training for employees to ensure they are able to do their job with success
- Participate in the safety processes of the plant
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures as well as maintain good housekeeping and GMP practices/Global Food Safety practices
- Communicates regularly with management on mold and machine problems
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Who we are looking for...
Background and Experience
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience in plastics technology or a similar technical area; Recognized certification or education in related field preferred
- Strong knowledge of PET, SPC, plastics, electrical, electronic hydraulics, mechanical and pneumatic functions
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with downtime analysis and scrap reduction
- Ability to read blueprints and be able to use precision measuring and inspection equipment
- Good working knowledge of computer systems, including MS Office and SAP
- Ability to effectively communicate technical system issues
- Must be able to work flexible hours to complete necessary changes and provide support for processing on all shifts
- Good communication and team building skills
Physical requirements and work environment
- Experience with lean manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a fast pace, lean environment with heat above 90 degrees
- Ability to sit, climb, stand, bend, crawl and walk on a varying basis throughout the assigned work schedule
- Ability to carry and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds
Logoplaste is an equal opportunities employer, where the foundation of our culture and our drive is based on Diversity & Inclusion. At Logoplaste we are all unique and different, everyone is accepted and respected for who they are. This is our strength.
Shape a better world with our partners through mindful packaging solutions.