Logoplaste is currently seeking to recruit a Packaging Design Engineer to integrate Logoplaste Innovation Lab, reporting directly to the CAD Coordinator.
If you fit the profile, please submit your CV. This Recruitment process is confidential.
Packaging Design Engineer makes technical drawings using computer-aided/assistend design (CAD) software and system, used for production of various items or components in plastic packaging. Works closely with Project Managers.
Key Tasks & Activities...
Packaging Technical Analysis
- Analyses customer requests, interprets drawings, sketches, images, prototypes or other technical specifications, in order to identify shapes, dimensions, tolerances or other details of the package;
- Analyses the characteristics and behaviour of the packaging according to customer needs;
- Analyses production process needed (EBM, INJ, SBM or INJ-SBM).
- Evaluates with other areas the proper technical solution to improve package performance;
- Prioritizes technical requirements according to customer specifications;
- Creates different scenarios using different variables to improve package performance (e.g. redimensions package, changes technology or technical structures);
- Calculates pallet lay-out's for specific package to optimize transport;
- Supports training to employees in the following areas: software internal procedures and standards; software and/or working tools development.
- Models 3D concepts in the context of product engineering taking into account the technical and commercial feasibility to obtain customer approval;
- Executes detailed drawings of the packaging or its components through systems-level computer-aided 3D Platforms and / or 2D drawings Platforms, taking into account the technical specifications, standards, tables and rules for drawing up a technical drawing;
- Executes prototypes to evaluates its functionality and makes any necessary adjustments;
- Draws package including dimensions, materials to be used and procedural steps in producing the package;
- Sends drawings to Finite Elements Analysis (FEA) team, to validate performance;
- Implements changes in drawings, considering the feedback of different teams (FEA, Packaging Engineering Support, Trials or Mould), in different steps of the process.
Who we are looking for...
Background & Experience:
- Technical course in moulds;
- 3-5 years of experience in the same position;
- Previous experience in packaging technical design and injection parts;
- Knowledge in geometry, moulds, technical parts and raw materials
- Knowledge in 3D measurements, 3D software, prototyping, manufacturing process;
- Knowledge in Solidworks, AutoCAD;
- Microsoft Office;
- Fluent in Portuguese and English.
- Team work;
- Time Management;
- Process and Customer Orientated;
Logoplaste is an equal opportunities employer, where the foundation of our culture and our drive is based on Diversity & Inclusion. At Logoplaste we are all unique and different, everyone is accepted and respected for who they are. This is our strength.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Shape a better world with our partners through mindful packaging solutions
Work with us
Estrada da Malveira 900