QHSE Manager - Coleford
Coleford, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
This job description is available in:
Logoplaste Coleford is currently seeking to recruit a QHSE Manager to support the teams in Coleford. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this role leads a small team and will
cover Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental.
Key tasks & Activities
- Managing the customers quality expectations and ensuring the product is manufactured in a safe and controlled manner.
- Daily management of the company’s QHSE & compliance requirements.
- Implement QHSE policy and procedures.
- Manage and conduct ISO, BRC and Internal audits / workplace inspections to identify conformity and non-conformance.
- Manage and assist with Accident / Investigations, reporting inc. root cause analysis and make recommendations to peers / line manager.
- Assist close out of Non-conformances in a timely manner.
- Conduct / review / update and maintain Risk Assessments.
- Conduct / review / update and maintain COSHH Risk Assessments
- Assist with “Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 2007” obligations and submit obligations to compliance scheme.
- Assist with the management of Contractors on site inc. Permit to Work, Risk assessment / Method Statements including relevant documentation (high risk activities) and maintain records.
- Assist with the management of Contractors on site inc. Dynamic Risk Assessment (low risk activities) and maintain records.
- Provide toolbox talks where required.
- Use relevant QHSE tools inc. Plan Do Check Act, 6S, Root Cause Analysis etc. to drive improvements.
- Assist with defining HSE arrangements / procedures in conjunction with operating staff / line managers where necessary.
Who we are looking for
Background and Experience
- Internal Auditor qualification.
- Proficient / trained in Accident / Incident Investigation.
- Proficient / trained in root cause analysis.
- Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma (not essential)
- ONC / HNC in Manufacturing disciplines.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety management systems.
- Strong knowledge of H&S and Environmental legislation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically proficient in Excel.
- Flexibility and reliability are essential for this position.
- Possess good interpersonal skills, along with excellent organizational skills and job prioritization.
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Effective trouble shooter
A handover and full training will be given to the right candidate.
Logoplaste is an equal opportunities employer, where the foundation of our culture and our drive is based on Diversity & Inclusion. At Logoplaste we are all unique and different, everyone is accepted and respected for who they are. This is our strength.
Work with us
Northern Central and East Europe
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road
Reading RG1 1AX
Reading RG1 1AX
+44 118 971 9770
Monday through Friday
9am - 5pm GMT