Logoplaste is currently seeking to recruit an SBM Process Technician, to join the plant team in Garland, TX.
Reporting to: Plant Manager
The Process Technician is responsible for implementing and managing all mold and machine processes as well as managing the quality function for relevant machinery.
Key Tasks & Activities...
- Set up, repair and troubleshoot equipment, ancillary equipment and support equipment
- Make required mold changes/process adjustments
- Develop optimum bottle process for all lines
- Working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and customer requests
- Perform quality control checks, and help maintain customer requirements, according to specification by bottle types and various dimensions
- Sets up and runs sample and production molds
- Ensure all molds and molding machine run at maximum performance
- Responsible for processes that produce bottles and/or preforms to the specifications determined by the Quality and Development teams
- Troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic issues and partner with maintenance as required
- Troubleshoot equipment, molding processes and cycles
- Complete preventative maintenance requirements in coordination with Maintenance team
- Analyzes problem areas when parts are not meeting Quality control specifications. Makes all required adjustments to ensure that all parts meet specifications for size, appearance and functionality
- Train and document training for employees to ensure they are able to do their job with success
- Participate in the safety processes of the plant
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures as well as maintain good housekeeping and GMP practices/Global Food Safety practices
- Communicates regularly with management on mold and machine problems
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Who we are looking for...
Background and Experience
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience in plastics technology or a similar technical area; Recognized certification or education in related field preferred
- Strong knowledge of PET, SPC, plastics, electrical, electronic hydraulics, mechanical and pneumatic functions
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with downtime analysis and scrap reduction
- Ability to read blueprints and be able to use precision measuring and inspection equipment
- Good working knowledge of computer systems, including MS Office and SAP
- Ability to effectively communicate technical system issues
- Must be able to work flexible hours to complete necessary changes and provide support for processing on all shifts
- Good communication and team building skills
Physical requirements and work environment
- Experience with lean manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a fast pace, lean environment with heat above 90 degrees
- Ability to sit, climb, stand, bend, crawl and walk on a varying basis throughout the assigned work schedule
- Ability to carry and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Work with us
Plainfield, Illinois 60544